Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the purpose of Christmas?
2. On what day do we celebrate Christmas?
3. Is Christmas a legal holiday in the United States?
4. What will you find in many people's houses at Christmas that you will probably not find at other times of the year?
5. According to tradition, who brings us our presents at Christmas?
6. Charles Dickens wrote a famous story about a man who did not like Christmas. When someone said "Merry Christmas" to him, he responded by saying, "Bah! Humbug!" What is the name of this character?
7. There's another story about a mean creature who hated Christmas. He disliked Christmas so much, he tried to stop it from coming by stealing all the toys, trees, and treats in Whoville. He was green, had a heart two sizes too small, and a dog named Max. Who was he?
8. There's a Christmas tradition involving a plant called mistletoe. Some people hang it on their doorway. If someone catches you standing under the mistletoe, what do you have to give them?
9. At Christmas, many people like to sing songs. Songs associated with Christmas have a special name. What do we call them?
10. There are many foods that are associated with Christmas. Which of the following is one of them?
Source: Author daver852
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.