Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 403: If you start at the foundation of the Statue of Liberty and progress to the top, you will have traversed 403 stairs. One of the most prevalent features of the Statue of Liberty is her crown. How many points are included in the Statue's crown?
2. 5: There are five players who play on a standard basketball team. Most teams are comprised of a center, a power forward, a small forward, a shooting guard and a point guard. Each of these positions is represented by a corresponding number. For example, if Lebron James (who plays small forward) makes an awesome shot, the announcer may say something like "the ability of the four player to extend over his defender is how he was able to make that 12-footer". If Dwyane Wade (who is primarily a point guard) were to take the same shot, which number would the announcer use to describe his position?
3. 21: The 21st Amendment to the United States Constitution ended prohibition by allowing the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The 21st Amendment is the only one of the Constitution's 27 Amendments to repeal a prior Amendment. Which Amendment was repealed when the 21st Amendment was ratified?
4. 6: Starting from number one and counting upwards, the first perfect number encountered is number six. A perfect number is any number whose divisors equal that number when added together. In the case of number six, its divisors are one, two and three. Add them up and you get six. Continue counting upwards and how far will you have to count until you reach the next perfect number?
5. 1600: The US President and his family reside in The White House which is located at the address 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C. Construction for The White House began in 1792 and the first President to live there was John Adams. How many rooms does The White House contain?
6. 28: A standard set of double six dominoes has 28 tiles. Each domino has spots ranging from zero to six on each end of the tile. If you were to add up all of the spots on each tile, what number would you come up with?
7. 28: The standard US version of the game of "Monopoly" has 28 properties available for purchase. There are 22 colored streets, 4 rail road stations and 2 utilities. What is the combined dollar total of these properties in the standard US tournament version of the game?
8. 6: There are six categories in the original edition of the popular board game "Trivial Pursuit": entertainment, sports and recreation, literature, science and nature, geography and history. Players roll dice and move along a spoke-like board answering different questions based on the color of the space they land on. What is the total number of spaces on the original "Trivial Pursuit" game board?
9. 9: This question is for all the gamblers. Craps is an intimidating game for many based on the number of potential bets one can make. You have pass bets, come bets, horn bets, hard way bets and there is even a bet called a field bet. One popular field bet that is played is the "centerfield" bet. By betting on "centerfield" you are instructing the dealer to place a field bet on number nine. How many possible ways can you wager of a field bet in craps?
10. 11: The song "Jimmy" by hard rock band Tool has the number 11 repeated several times in the lyrics, presumably the age that "Jimmy" was when something traumatic happened to him. How many times does the song mention the number 11?
Source: Author ralzzz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.