Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Desdemona is the wife of Othello, murdered when Iago convinces Othello that his wife has committed adultery. What does the name Desdemona mean?
2. What two plays did Shakespeare write that each have a character named Emilia?
3. Ophelia is Hamlet's 'girlfriend'. She dies by drowning. The name Ophelia is Greek. What does it mean?
4. Which two plays of Shakespeare's have characters named Helena?
5. What name from 'The Merchant of Venice' was believed to have been invented by Shakespeare?
6. What name from 'As You Like It' means noble strength?
7. Bianca is the name of a character from 'The Taming of the Shrew', and also from 'Othello'. What language is the source of the name Bianca?
8. What name is Latin for blessed, happy, bringer of joy?
9. Juliet is one of Shakespeare's most famous characters. What language is the source for the name Juliette?
10. Miranda is Prospero's daughter in 'The Tempest'. What does the name Miranda mean?
Source: Author ladyejayne
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.