Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. My baby insists on having this noise maker in her crib. What is it called?
2. Welcome to Sweetwater TX. Since 1958, we're home to the largest US festival in our class attracting 30,000 people per year that involves prairie fauna. What is our claim to fame?
3. After graduation in 1930, my high school sweetheart Eddie and I went hand-in-hand to the local drugstore soda fountain to celebrate. We sat at the counter and had milk shakes to celebrate. What was our server called?
4. I am the hit of the party. Everything I say is greeted with applause so my husband tells me "You must be on a ...."
5. In 1952, the American band The Saddlemen was renamed Bill Haley and His Comets. In 1954, the band had a worldwide hit called "Shake, Rattle and Roll" which was a million copy seller and became the first American rock-n-roll song to break into the British singles chart. Which was NOT a hit for this band?
6. "Roll over Beethoven" was a 1956 hit by Chuck Berry. His lyrics mentioned another famous classical composer known for his Christmas creation. Who is this?
7. Perhaps you can touch the clouds when taking a ride on me. When I opened in 2014, I was the world's highest Ferris Wheel at 550 feet tall. What is my name?
8. First introduced in 1965 by General Mills, this flavored coating for chicken is now manufactured by Kraft Foods. Recipe - place the meat in a bag with the coating, close and shake then bake in the oven. By which name is this long-lived product known?
9. Welcome to Lincoln, Nebraska. In addition to being the home of the University of Nebraska's football team ("Go Big Red") and the International Quilt Study Center and Museum, which is another claim to fame for this Plains Princess?
10. In Greek myth, Poseidon was known as the "earth-shaker." He is known for venting his anger in earthquakes and tsunamis. Where did the largest recorded earthquake occur in the 20th century?
Source: Author Jinxgirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.