Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which beer is NOT Dutch?
2. Which Dutch pop group scored a world hit with their song called "Venus" in 1970?
3. The Dutch word "gezellig" is unique and can not be translated with a single English word to reflect the exact meaning of it. It's used when in good company and having a good time. What mix of words mentioned below describe the Dutch word best?
4. The language Afrikaans has its roots in 17th century Dutch.
5. Which of these was NEVER a Dutch colony?
6. What is a "Frikandel"?
7. Which of the following landscapes you will NOT find in The Netherlands?
8. Which of the following wildlife CAN you find in The Netherlands?
9. In The Netherlands, most politicians travel without bodyguards, often using public transportation. Who was the first Dutch politician, in modern Dutch history to be assassinated?
10. During the '60s and '70s, The Netherlands experienced a big stream of immigrants who were called 'gastarbeiders' (guest workers). Most of these guest workers came from Turkey and Morocco. What was the reason for bringing these people over to The Netherlands to work?
Source: Author Esther74
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.