Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Netherlands were finalists in the FIFA World Cup in 1974, 1978 and 2010, losing on all three occasions. Of the following countries which one was not an opponent in these finals?
2. What is the largest lake in the Netherlands?
3. Of which international organisation was the Netherlands NOT a founding member?
4. What is the name of the Dutch national anthem?
5. The oldest university in the Netherlands was founded in 1575. Which university is that?
6. In 1913 the Nobel Prize for Physics went to a Dutchman for his research on behaviour of materials at temperatures near absolute zero and the development of a technique to liquefy helium. Which physicist are we talking about?
7. One of the most important works of Dutch literature is "Max Havelaar", written by Eduard Douwes Dekker. Under what pen name is Eduard Douwes Dekker better known?
8. "The Village on the River" was the first Dutch movie to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film in 1959. The first Dutch movie to actually win the award was "The Assault" in 1986. Both films were directed by which Dutch filmmaker?
9. Which of the following television programs originated in the Netherlands? (The names of the American versions have been used.)
10. The Killzone video games series is a well-known product of a Dutch video game developer. Which company developed Killzone?
Source: Author Daikenro
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.