Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the name for "Fries" in Dutch? (The word is similar to 'potato' in Belgium and France)
2. Which is traditionally the most common sauce to eat with the fries in the Netherlands?
3. What sauce is traditionally the most common to serve children with their fries?
4. The name of which "King of fries", with first name 'Bram', comes to mind when mentioning the city of Rotterdam?
5. Traditionally, what kind of packaging do the Dutch have for a portion of fries?
6. When you order a "Patatje speciaal" in the Netherlands, you get a portion of fries accompanied with a sauce, that is a mix of mayonnaise, curry sauce or ketchup, and what other ingredient?
7. Even though the Dutch eat a lot of it, there is only little herring to be caught near the coast of the Netherlands. What is the Dutch term for the catch during the herring season?
8. Since I mentioned in question seven that there are not a lot of herring near the coast of the Netherlands, where do the Dutch herring ships fish for herring?
9. After the herring season, the herring still caught is much fatter and therefore not suitable anymore for immediate consumption. The Dutch use the fatter herring to make another delicacy. The herring is sliced and rolled around a piece of pickled cucumber. A little wooden toothpick holds the roll together and the rolls are kept in a vinegar filled pot. What is the name of this type of food?
10. The Dutch prefer to eat the in-season herring raw, with onions only.
Source: Author Esther74
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.