Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Dr Liv Toff is a budding rocket scientist and she has designed a rather impressive toy rocket. Her work takes her around the world and she takes her toy rocket with her for personal amusement. She went on a business trip to a European city which has many impressive cathedrals such as Notre Dame. In which city must Liv Toff be if she prepares her rocket for liftoff on the banks of the river Seine?
2. Liv Toff had some work to do in one of the major European capitals. She was needed by the national government, based in this capital, as an adviser on whether to go commence investment into an improved space programme. Of course, Dr Toff took her toy rocket with her and she decided to test it out on the banks of the river Havel in her free time. Where could she be?
3. When Dr Liv Toff was called by the Russian government to attend a secret meeting in an unspecified Russian city to talk about their space programme, she had no idea where she'd end up. When she arrived, everything was clandestine but she did notice through a window a sign saying "Barents Sea" in Russian. Liv Toff immediately knew where she was, but do you? If you are unsure, then perhaps the fact that it is one of the most populated areas north of the Arctic Circle may help you name it.
4. Dr Liv Toff found herself with a week off from work! So, she decided to take the opportunity to go on a trip with her toy rocket (she is a little crazy) to the Himalayas. She visited Nepal and set off her rocket on Mount Everest and then decided to visit K2, which is on the border of Pakistan and what other country?
5. Dr Liv Toff's job as a rocket scientist takes her, and her toy rocket, around the world. Her latest assignment was to visit research laboratories in Seoul and Busan, both cities in South Korea. Which of these cities is officially a port?
6. Dr Liv Toff had just fallen asleep after a long night of calculations and physics equations when a phone call from Australia awoke her. Liv Toff was used to this and so made her way 'Down Under' with a minimal amount of moans and groans. Her assistant informed Liv Toff that she would be visiting the city that is near the Mount Lofty Ranges. Which Australian city would Liv Toff be visiting?
7. Dr Liv Toff was giving a lecture on rocket science to a group of university students in Brasilia, Brazil and when it finished she decided to take her toy rocket to the Amazon rainforest. Which of the following is a city in the Amazon rainforest?
8. Dr Liv Toff was on a plane traveling to one of the largest cities in the United States. What American city would Liv Toff be visiting if she was planning to use her expertise in the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center ("JSC")?
9. Dr Liv Toff made her way from the United States to Northern Ireland where she was due to give another guest lecture at a local university. Before the lecture, she decided to take her toy rocket to the banks of the River Lagan to prepare for liftoff! In what city is Liv Toff?
10. Dr Liv Toff was needed by the Welsh Assembly to present some evidence that would contribute towards the future of the study of rocket science in Wales. Which city would Liv Toff be in if she traveled along the River Taff to join the debate at the Senedd?
Source: Author jonnowales
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.