Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You're looking for a weather forecast and turn on the radio. It's station ABBA where the weatherman, Benny Bjorn, tells you that, today, there is a 100% chance of rain. In fact, he enters into a little reminiscence, remembering another day when he's pretty sure it must have rained. Yes, he says, he must have heard the sound of rain rattling off the roof. Which day does he think this was?
2. You switch channels trying to find a more optimistic assessment of the weather. Here's Claude Berger from radio station HAIR. He reaffirms that there is, indeed, a 100% chance of rain but suggests that, until it comes, you let the sunshine in. He adds that his age is the age of his horoscope sign, which is what?
3. Still not satisfied, you change channels again. Here's weatherman Bob Dylan from the BAND radio station. Rain is definitely gonna fall and it's a-gonna be which of the following?
4. If it's going to rain then you need to make provision. You hurry down to the Rihanna department store. There you find something that's been available since 2007. What do you buy?
5. You stop to talk to the men behind the counter in the shoe section. They're brothers and turn out to be walkers too. They engage you in conversation and are particularly gloomy about the weather prospects. What do they think is going to happen?
6. By now the clouds are definitely gathering outside. Across from the counter you see a man with a young woman. You can't quite catch his name but it sounds like Tim Tatience. He's telling his companion that, with her, he's "got sunshine on a cloudy day". From this you conclude that she must be his what?
7. You're still in the store where the radio is tuned to station CSNY. Their weatherman, Neil Young, is advising that everyone should hurry indoors because the rain will be accompanied by which meteorological phenomenon that hasn't hit since 1978?
8. You run home and switch on Radio FunTrivia in time to hear movies correspondent, Nettie Fowler. She's just flown in from Hollywood and is speaking live from the airport carousel. Her advice to listeners is to walk on through the wind and to walk on through the rain. At that moment, interference cuts her out. What was Nettie going on to say?
9. Radio FunTrivia has a message sent in from a Ms Donna Summer and a Mr Richard Harris. They've come back from the park and realised that someone (no-one's accepting responsibility!) left something out in the rain. They're concerned because they'll never have the recipe again. What did they leave?
10. That forecast for 100% rain was definitely correct. There's so much of the stuff that flooding is imminent. Which appropriately named Scottish band are working on flood control by holding back the river but probably wishing they were lucky enough to have love all around?
Source: Author glendathecat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Dalgleish
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.