Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Indians who first inhabited Jekyll Island were the__________?
2. The Guale Indians referred to the island as________?
3. After claiming the island, James Olgethorpe renamed it Jekyll Island after his good friend________________?
4. The second brewery in Georgia was located on Jekyll Island.
5. The Horton House is only one of two structures still standing using the genuine method of construction through the use of "tabby"
6. During the prosperous years of the Jekyll Island Club it was noted that what percentage of the nation's wealth was located with the members of the club?
7. The dissolving of the club was mainly due to _________________
8. There was once an enemy tank that was mistakenly reported to have been successfully landed on the island. The tracks they actually saw were made by a_______________________
9. The first transcontinental phone call was made from Jekyll Island. To which city did they call?
10. The one distinct characteristic that all the millionaires' cottages shared was the fact that_______________________________
11. Which one of these was never a resort hotel on Jekyll Island?
12. Which one of these hotels was used by African Americans during segregation?
13. The Rocks that border the beach line in the middle of the island were installed to prevent beach erosion and financed by a federal grant during the term of what president?
14. Which one of these is not a road on Jekyll Island?
15. In 1956 there was a small beach front amusement park that was eventually destroyed by Hurricane Dora. What was its name?
Source: Author theanvil
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.