Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In what year did Port Arthur close as a prison?
2. Which major city of Tasmania is Port Arthur closest to?
3. What was the name of the man who committed Australia's largest mass murder at Port Arthur?
4. In 1834, a prison was set up for juvenile offenders close to Port Arthur. What was its name?
5. Approximately how many acres does the Port Arthur historic site cover?
6. What was the name of the first commandant of the Port Arthur settlement?
7. There was a military garrison at Port Arthur from 1830 until 1863.
8. Which building was gutted by fire in 1884?
9. Why were livestock NOT kept at Port Arthur?
10. What was the original name of the small island near Port Arthur which was used as a burial site?
Source: Author Santanigo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.