Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You decide to leave your boring desk job in Lincoln Nebraska, and fly out to beautiful Southern California for a few days of fun and relaxation. You pack your bags with plenty of sunscreen, sandals and shorts and head on out to the airport. After a not so relaxing flight sitting next to the only crying kid on the plane, you arrive in lovely Orange County. Naturally, the first place that you want to head for is Disneyland. Opened in 1955 by cartoon animator, Walt Disney, it is often referred to as the "House that Mickey Built". This is of course in reference to Mickey Mouse. However Mickey was not the first choice for a name when Walt Disney created him. Walt Disney originally wanted to name him:
2. After a fun and exhausting day at Disneyland, you head on over to your hotel. That night while reading a tour guide to places to see in Orange County, you are surprised to discover that Disneyland is not the oldest Theme Park in California. That honor would go to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park. Started in the 1930's as a Roadside Farm Stand, it turned into a theme park when Walter Knott added a ghost town attraction and later, a few rides, to keep the people amused who were waiting in line to purchase this from his wife Cordelia:
3. You have a wonderful second day visiting Knott's Berry Farm, and then decide to leave Orange County for a visit to Los Angeles, home to movie stars, Hollywood studios and more. Since the sun is beginning to set, you decide that a nice concert under the stars is in order. You head for the summer home to the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Here you can listen to Mozart while enjoying a picnic. You are at the:
4. After a great concert, you find that you are so tired that you can hardly keep your eyes open. You have always wanted to spend the night in a world famous hotel, so you head over to Beverly Hills, and the Beverly Hills Hotel. Upon arriving, you decide that one nightcap is in order before heading to bed. You go to their world famous bar, where many a movie deal has been made. You are having your drink in the:
5. After a very restful night, you decide that today you want to rub elbows with the rich and famous. First you head on over to Hollywood and the famous Grauman's Chinese Theater, where many movie greats have left their footprints in the cement. You find that you are standing on the one that was featured in an old episode of 'I Love Lucy'. In that episode Lucy discovers that this person's cement block is loose, and she gets Ethel to help her steal it for a souvenir. It is the cement block with this actor's footprints:
6. After taking zillions of pictures and measuring your foot against those of your favorite actors and actresses, you board a bus for a tour of Hollywood and the stars' homes. You pass the famous corner of Hollywood and Vine, drive up Sunset and see the Playboy Mansion, and head on over to Beverly Hills and Bel Air. Soon you see mansion after mansion, each bigger and more impressive than the last. Your tour bus takes you down this street, said to be one of the most expensive streets to shop at in the world. You pass boutiques from designers, Armani, Gucci, Chanel and jewelry shops such as Cartier and Tiffany. Is that Julia Roberts you see walking down the street? This is the street that she shopped at in the film "Pretty Woman". You are driving down:
7. Your tour bus then heads over to the home currently being made famous on MTV's 'The Osbournes'. Here lives the family of rock musician Ozzy Osbourne. You may see one of their many dogs hanging around the imposing gates. Next door, the tour guide on your bus points out another home, inhabited by a famous singer. This 1950's singer, turned Christian recording artist is a clean cut contrast to his rock and roll neighbor. Who is this neighbor?
8. What an exciting day you have had. You head back to the Beverly Hills Hotel for another night of luxurious comfort. In the morning, upon checking out, you discover why only the rich and famous stay here when you are handed your bill. However, you feel that the expense was worth it, even if you might have to sell a kidney to pay for it. You decide that today is the day that you are going to experience some real thrills. You head for Six Flags Magic Mountain Amusement Park, located in Valencia. Here you get plenty of chances to scream on such thrill rides as Superman the Escape, Batman, and Revolution. The roller coaster Revolution is best known for what:
9. After a day of spills and thrills, you head to your hotel, with the decision that tomorrow you head south, down Interstate 5 and towards the beautiful city of San Diego. After a good night's rest and a delightful breakfast of Orange Juice and California Date Muffins, you go with your plan and head on down the freeway towards San Diego. Unfortunately you forgot that Los Angeles is one of the most congested cities in America and you spend several hours in bumper to bumper traffic getting through Los Angeles County. In fact in 1994, Los Angeles residents spent an average of this many hours a year in traffic jams:
10. Finally you have made it through Los Angeles County, and the more populated parts of Orange County. As you head down the 5 Freeway you are enjoying the coastal hills on your left and the Pacific Ocean on your right. You see the most unusual street sign, depicting people running across the freeway. This sign was erected to caution freeway drivers to keep an eye out for people attempting to run across the freeway. The people who have been known to do this are:
11. After a bit longer on your drive, you notice what appears to be a beach landing by armed troops. In fact, what you are seeing along the side of the road is training from the U.S. Marine Corp's largest amphibious assault training facility. This facility is located at this large Marine Base in San Diego County:
12. In Carlsbad you decide to eat at the food court of the Plaza Camino Real. After a lunch you visit Famous Faces Museum and Store. You buy a bat signed by this former son of San Diego, who has a major street named after him. Who is this former Red Sox player and 1966 Hall of Fame Inductee?
13. After lunch you decide that you are ready for the wild side to come out in you. You head for the world famous San Diego Zoo. Here, you can see animals in habitats created to mimic their natural environment, including the Polar Bear Plunge, Tiger River, Gorilla Tropics and Sun Bear Forest. This world reknown zoo is located in a park, which also hold additional museums, and attractions. This park is named:
14. After a lovely day in San Diego, and a night spent at the beautiful Hotel Del Coronado, you decide to go visit the Inland Empire area of California. Known since the early 1900's for its citrus growers. After traveling up Interstate 15, where you pass the retirement community started by Lawrence Welk, and many groves of Avocados, you reach the city of Riverside. There, you discover a very beautiful old hotel. Upon taking the tour of this architectural masterpiece, you find that among the many well known people who have visited here is a past president, who happened to marry in the hotel's chapel. What are the names of the hotel and the President who got married?
15. After a lovely night spent in Riverside, you decide that you have not seen how the development of California all began, and you decide to visit one of the many California Missions on your last day in California. You decide to visit one of the most famous Missions, San Juan Capistrano Mission made famous by the return of this bird year after year to nest:
Source: Author routesixtysix
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.