Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the station name of the area home to the bulk of Tokyo's major museums?
2. The 'Six Trees' area of Tokyo is one of the major entertainment districts in the whole of Japan. Which name means 'Six Trees'?
3. Tokyo Tower is the spitting image of what other world famous landmark?
4. Tokugawa was made shogun in 1603 and he decided on Tokyo as the seat of his government. However back in those days it wasn't called Tokyo. What was it called?
5. In 1923 a great disaster struck Tokyo killing more than 70,000 people. What was it?
6. What hip part of Tokyo can you often see the black/orange faces of fake tanned 'ganguro' girls practising 'para para' dancing or wandering round with painted faces and impossibly short skirts.
7. The most popular baseball team in Japan is the cashed up Tokyo Giants club and they play their home games at The Tokyo Dome. What JR (Japan Rail) station is it closest to?
8. Tokyo Disneyland is not actually in Tokyo. What prefecture is it in?
9. The firebombing of Tokyo caused more civilian deaths than the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
10. What was the name of the famous fish market frequented by hordes of tourists hoping to get snapshots of the enormous tuna auctioned off there?
Source: Author rego55
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.