Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Heinrich Himmler was amongst the most powerful members of the Third Reich. His job was one of immense importance to the Nazi regime and was a role which terrified millions of Germans, particularly the 'undesirables.' Which of the following did he control?
2. Which of the following subjects did Himmler study between the years 1919 and 1922?
3. Himmler also took part in many extracurricular hobbies including philately and learning to play the harpsichord. He had a passion for a well known board game. Which?
4. Heinrich's father, Joseph, pushed for the future Nazi to keep a diary. From it, a lot can be learned about his personality such as how he documented his struggle with women from an early age. Another frequent topic written about in his diary was religion. There is much dispute over what religion Himmler belong to, but, what religion was he brought up believing?
5. Himmler married Margarete Siegroth in 1928 and had their only child one year later in 1929. What did he name this child?
6. Heinrich Himmler helped orchestrate the planning and execution of what is now known as the Holocaust. Whilst in the city of Poznań, how did Himmler describe the process of exterminating the Jews?
7. Towards the final years of the war, Himmler's mental state was under much scrutiny. He wrote to the then general, Dwight Eisenhower, proclaiming that he was going to defect and turn over the German government if he was spared punishment as an alleged war criminal. Furthermore, he applied - unbelievably -for a job in a post-war German government. What position did he say he wanted?
8. Himmler used another method as an attempt to escape capture. This time he headed for Karl Dönitz's government in Flensburg in North Germany. He travelled in disguise and stated that he was a sergeant-major in a secret military police branch. He shaved off his moustache and changed his surname. What else did he do?
9. When Heinrich finally knew his time was up, he was making preparations for his death. Did he kill his daughter like many other Nazis, including Joseph Goebbels?
10. Many SS members stored capsules of poisonous substances in fake teeth so that if captured alive they could commit suicide. Heinrich chose to use them in his suicide. What was the poison contained in the capsule?
Source: Author jonnowales
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.