Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the 1940s and 1950s it was often said that Nazi ideology was a form of "nihilism". What was meant by this?
2. Which of these ideologies was central to Nazism?
3. Which of these did NOT play a part in the Nazis' rise to power in 1931-33?
4. When Hindenburg appointed Hitler as Chancellor on 30 January 1933 the government consisted of a coalition of the NSDAP and another political party. Which was the other party?
5. The Nazis called their German state "Das Dritte Reich" - "The Third Reich". What did they regard as the first two empires?
6. Many opponents of the Nazi régime were taken into "Schutzhaft" - "protective custody". What was the official reason given for imprisoning these people?
7. Which Nazi politician began the process of establishing the Gestapo?
8. The SS was originally a sub-section of the SA.
9. How did the Nazi régime monitor public opinion?
10. The ideal "Nordic type" extolled in Nazi propaganda was, among other things: tall, slim, chaste and had blue eyes and fair hair. Which of these Nazi leaders embodied these characteristics?
11. When did Hitler assume the powers of a dictator?
12. What was the most common way of proving to the authorities that one was NOT Jewish (in the sense of Nazi legislation and decrees)?
13. The first antisemitic decrees were issued in April 1933. At this stage it was already obvious that Nazi persecution of the Jews would culminate in the Holocaust.
14. Throughout World War II Germany was short of oil. What was the name of the largest German plant for the production of synthetic oil?
15. From the end of WWII till about 1948 Allied soldiers in Germany were frequently fired on and bombed by members of the Nazi "Werewolf" ("Werwolf") organization, which regarded itself as a resistance movement.
Source: Author bloomsby
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trammgr
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.