Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the US, July is 'National Hotdog Month'. When is 'National Hotdog Day' (in the US)?
2. Hot Dogs supposedly got their name at The Polo Grounds in New York City in 1901. They were sold from hot water tanks while vendors shouted, 'They're red hot! Get your Dachshund sausages while they are red hot!' What sports cartoonist could not spell 'Dachshund' and wrote 'Hot Dog!' instead in his cartoon?
3. In 1904, during the St. Louis 'Louisiana Purchase Exposition', a Bavarian concessionare named Anton Feuchtwanger would loan patrons a certain item with which to hold his piping hot sausages. What was this item?
4. Approximately how many hot dogs does each person in the US eat every year?
5. In honor of the 1996 Olympics, Sara Lee Corp. made the world's longest hot dog. How long was it?
6. How many hot dogs did Babe Ruth once eat between games of a double header?
7. Mad Martha's on Martha's Vineyard has served hot dog ice cream.
8. According to the U.S. National Hot Dog and Sausage Council, what is considered by Americans to be the favorite topping for the hot dog?
9. During what months are hot dog retail sales the highest in the United States of America?
10. The US Dept. of Agriculture requires by law that meats used in hot dogs and sausages must be muscle meat.
Source: Author catnippin
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.