Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which food group is used the least in traditional Korean cuisine?
2. Kimchi is a popular Korean dish of fermented vegetables, most commonly Napa cabbage and radish. What is the name of the earthenware fermentation vessel it was traditionally made in?
3. Traditionally distilled in cauldrons and earthenware pots, which Korean drink means 'burned liquor'?
4. Korean food has its own presence on social media; online interactive shows where the host is seen eating a variety of foods, with comments and questions from online chatrooms. These shows are known as what?
5. Anglicized to 'makkoli', makgeolli is Korean rice wine. What is Korean maekju (pronounced make-joo)?
6. Jjinppang, Hwangnam bread and Hodu-gwaja are Korean pastries. What main ingredient is common?
7. The small rice cakes known as songpyeon are traditionally eaten at the Korean Chuseok. What type of bountiful festival is this?
8. A very popular Korean dish literally means 'fire meat'. Which dish is it?
9. Norimaki and gimbap look very similar but different seasonings are used. Vinegar is used in norimaki, but what is used to season the rice in gimbap?
10. Which modern franchise outlet is credited with being the first to sell Korean fried chicken in Seoul?
Source: Author jaknginger
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.