Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the dessert consisting of a shortcrust pastry base filled with frangipane and jam and topped with flaked almonds that is named after a town in the county of Derbyshire?
2. Which Scottish fruit cake, completely covered in pastry, was traditionally eaten on Twelfth Night but is now enjoyed at Hogmanay?
3. Which vegetable pie, originally created during World War Two to help people cope with rationing, was named after the Minister of Food in 1940?
4. How did the Cornish dish Stargazy Pie get its name?
5. What is the name of the Scottish meat pastry that originates in the town of Forfar?
6. Which pie, based on an American dessert called "Blum's Coffee Toffee Pie", was created in East Essex in 1971?
7. Which traditional British potato, cheese, leek and onion tart is sometimes referred to as Devon Tart?
8. What is the name of the tart, named after a city in the north of England, that consists of a pastry based spread with jam, filled with custard and topped with desiccated coconut and a cherry?
9. Which traditional Lancashire pie consists of a thick pastry case filled with potato slices and onion enriched with butter and seasoned with salt and pepper?
10. What is the name of the sweet tart originating in the county of Kent made with evaporated milk and brown sugar?
Source: Author clevercatz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.