Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Although no official documentation exists to verify its beginnings, when is the pretzel believed to have originated and by whom?
2. Camcorder Day, Visit Your Relatives Day, Beer Day, Oatmeal Day...seems there's a day for everything. When is National Pretzel Day in the USA?
3. In the United States, 80% of the nation's pretzels are made in what state?
4. Although large scale producers of commercial pretzels use machines to twist pretzel dough into their classic shape, a woman named Helen Hoff is considered the champion of hand twisters. How many pretzels could Helen twist per minute?
5. In 1963, the largest pretzel of its time was baked by Joseph Nacchio. Just how big was it?
6. The oldest commercial pretzel bakery in the United States was founded in 1861 in Lititz, Pennsylvania. What was its name?
7. Although a tasty snack, apparently pretzels can also be dangerous. What US president was munching on a pretzel when he choked on it and momentarily lost consciousness?
8. Street vendors sell large, warm, chewy, soft pretzels that serve as a snack, breakfast or even a meal. What spicy condiment often tops these yummy treats?
9. There are many toppings aside from salt that can be put on pretzels, but what are pretzels without salt called?
10. Reading Pretzel Machinery Company revolutionized pretzel production with the introduction of what?
Source: Author moowho357
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.