Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The white mushrooms that you find in every local supermarket are best known by what common term?
2. There are quite a number of Japanese varieties of mushrooms. Which of these is not one of them?
3. Also known as Bolete or Cepe, these rather large, thick-stalked mushrooms have reddish caps. They are more commonly known by what name?
4. Wood ear mushrooms, which have an interesting woodsy taste, are also referred to as which of the following?
5. Some mushrooms are named after sea creatures. Which set of two below are representative names for both sea creatures and mushrooms?
6. Underneath the caps of many common mushrooms is a delicate dark tissue-like substance. What is this substance called, plurally?
7. Creminis are delicious little brown mushrooms. Some creminis are cultivated to very generous sizes (up to 6 inches) and are then called by which term?
8. Chanterelle mushrooms appear as small golden or orange brown miniature trumpets. These slender-stemmed mushrooms are also known by which name?
9. Which mushroom can be described as having a small, dark conical cap with a honeycombed surface?
10. Black trumpet mushrooms, related to the chanterelle, are also known by which fearsome name?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Leau
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.