Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Oregano: We've all heard of it, even those that don't cook. Where does oregano, the spice we cook with, originally come from (hint: this is not the same country in which it became most famous later)?
2. Where in the world did the everyday spice that we call garlic originally come from?
3. The leaves of the spice known as sage originally come from where?
4. The leafy spice basil originated where?
5. Marco Polo wanted to know it, now I ask you: Where does cinnamon originate?
6. Where does ginger (the spice, not the Spice Girl) come from?
7. Where in the world did nutmeg (the pumpkin pie spice) originate?
8. Where is the origin of cumin, that wonderful spice that is used in almost all Mexican dishes these days?
9. Where did paprika really come from, originally?
10. The most expensive spice in the world per ounce is saffron, but where did it originate?
Source: Author terraorca
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.