Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I want to make a relish using tomatoes, jalapenos, onions and cilantro. Its name in Spanish means "rooster's beak". What is the name of this delicious condiment?
2. I layer wide pasta, meat, cheese and tomato sauce in a pan and bake in oven for about 55 minutes.
3. I take a cut up older chicken and braise it on the stove in a mixture of broth and red wine. I also add bacon, mushrooms and pearl onions. This is typical French bistro fare.
4. It's 11:00 at night and I am hungry. I look in my refrigerator and spy eggs, cheese, and ham. I set a pan on the stove and while butter is melting I whip the eggs with a little milk and pour into the pan. I let the eggs set and put the ham and cheese in the middle. When it's done I fold the eggs over and use a spatula to put it on the plate. What could this be called?
5. Another egg question. I poach the eggs, toast English muffins, fry Canadian bacon, and prepare a hollandaise sauce. This yummy brunch dish sounds like an American revolutionary bad guy. What is it?
6. What sauce am I making if I combine lemon juice, salt, white pepper, egg yolks and butter?
7. I layer thin slices of potatoes and shredded cheese in a pan and pour milk or cream over all and bake in the oven until the top gets nice and crusty. What is the name of this dish?
8. I am making a stir fry and have lots of vegetables on hand. Which vegetable wouldn't go into my wok?
9. I am craving Chinese food. Which of the following would not be on my take out menu?
10. I want to make a Mirepoix. It's a mixture of vegetables. Which would you not put into your mirepoix?
Source: Author pes0
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.