Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. My uncle Oscar told me that he had gotten into an altercation with a much bigger, meaner neighbor. I asked him what he did next and he told me that he took a powder. What did he mean?
2. Nephew Casper was conversing with a friend and mentioned that he was going to a sock hop. Now, what is a hop?
3. My co-worker Quasar was trying to sell me a used barbecue. I asked if it was a good one and he said it was top shelf. Okay, obviously a good one! But where did the description originate?
4. Cousin Ralph is a tree hugger. What's a tree hugger?
5. I was describing my somewhat grandiose plans for the future when my brother Meadelow told me to get real. What was he saying?
6. Uncle Ablemarle was told by a friend to get off his high horse. What was he doing to rate this comment?
7. I bought a new pair of brogans. How am I going to use them?
8. Brother Wilhelm was going to spend the money to buy a new car, then got cold feet. What happened?
9. My nephew Ichabod was polishing Aunt Martha's furniture and she told him to apply a little elbow grease. What's elbow grease?
10. After this quiz, I am going to throw in the towel. What am I going to do?
Source: Author Pick61
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.