Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What song from "The Gypsy Baron" speaks of an exile, Barinkay, who is drawn to the beautiful Arsena, and despite being ineligible (in the woman's eyes) he considers how he can best win her?
2. From a musical of the same name celebrating the life of Johnny Cash, what song reached number 1 on the U.S. Billboard's Hot Country Singles?
3. "The Pajama Game" was the source of what hot number, sung by Gladys and the Boys?
4. What operetta contains the song "Away, Away! My Heart's On Fire", the tale of a 'slave to duty'?
5. Things really hot up with what song from the musical "Sweeney Todd"?
6. What classical musical of drugs, sex and rock'n'roll features the number "Let the Sun Shine In"?
7. In the musical "Rent", when a series of unfortunate events take place at Christmas, what song is the logical response when the power goes off?
8. The musical number "Sunshine" comes from what musical, made famous in the film version by the appearance of Marilyn Monroe as Lorelei Lee?
9. Famous for its matchmaker, in what musical is the song "Sunrise, Sunset" sung by Tevye & Golde?
10. What number in "42nd Street" comes originally from a 1938 'rom-com', starring Olivia De Havilland and Dick Powell, called "Hard to Get"?
Source: Author VegemiteKid
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.