Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. If I advised my Uncle Thurlo to "make hay while the sun shines", what would I be advising?
2. Uncle Thurlo was an amateur boxer in his youth and has many times described his famous and deadly "haymaker". What is he talking about?
3. Uncle Thurlo describes a former girlfriend as a "real doll". What is he trying to convey about her?
4. Uncle Thurlo has a job which is sometimes not very difficult. At those times, he describes his work as "riding the gravy train". What does that mean?
5. Uncle Thurlo sometimes talks about his time in the Army and I once heard him use the term "scuttlebutt". What is the definition of "scuttlebutt"?
6. Uncles Thurlo's oldest son, Wendell, when faced with making a decision of any kind, will often use the phrase, "That's a no brainer". What is he saying?
7. Aunt Martha has been heard to tell Uncle Thurlo, "Hold your horses!" more than a few times. What is she trying to get him to do?
8. Uncle Thurlo, like everyone else, has occasionally gone on a "wild goose chase". This one is fairly common to English speakers. What does it mean?
9. When asked how she feels, Aunt Martha is liable to say "Oh, fine as frog hair." Is she feeling good, bad or indifferent?
10. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" is a phrase that's been around for a long time. Uncle Thurlo often argued AGAINST the wisdom of this advice, as did Mark Twain. What was the logic behind their argument?
Source: Author Pick61
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.