Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. If I tell you that the Browns will win on Sunday, and that it's a "lead pipe cinch", what have I conveyed to you?
2. If a task is described as "easy as pie", it is a simple, uncomplicated one. But, one might ask, why "pie"? Making a pie isn't that simple. I know, I tried it once. So, how is pie simple and easy?
3. If I said "I'd love to travel to England, but it costs an arm and a leg", what am I implying?
4. At least once in your life, you've "flown off the handle". What did you do?
5. Now and then, something occurs that will "get my dander up". What does the phrase mean?
6. When something or someone "goes haywire", what is happening?
7. My Aunt Martha bought some new furniture which she describes as "run of the mill". What does she mean by this?
8. Here's a fairly recent addition to the language. If I describe a movie as a "chick flick", what am I implying?
9. I was involved in a game of golf and, on the seventh hole, another player said, "The game is in the bag". What was he telling us?
10. What does it mean if you "spill the beans"?
Source: Author Pick61
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.