Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This clergyman's demise comes about by eating three great institutional dinners in a week. Who was he?
2. This clergyman is described as a tall heavy looking young man of five and twenty, his air was grave and stately, his manners formal.
3. This clergyman's wife referred to him as her caro sposo.
4. Who is the curate in "Persuasion"?
5. Which of the following became a clergyman during the course of the novel, and was given the living of Thornton Lacey?
6. This likeable fellow fell in love with a beautiful young lady who, much to his chagrin, didn't have the proper respect for the church and made disparaging remarks about the clergy.
7. Of the following Bennett sisters, which one was most likely to enjoy Mr. Collins' reading of Fordyce's Sermons?
8. Clergymen often enjoyed dancing in Jane Austen's novels, but one clergyman in particular was not very good at it. Of the following, which clergyman was awkward and solemn and failed to attend, often moving wrong?
9. Clergymen, like anyone else, are fathers, brothers and husbands. With regard to Jane Austen's novels, which of the following statements are NOT true:
10. This good natured clergyman loved to tease or 'quiz' the ladies in this novel. He was also fond of noting that he tied his own cravats and had made a particularly good bargain of a true Indian muslin as a gift for his sister. What is his name?
Source: Author Janeite
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.