Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "The sun was shining on the sea, shining with all his might: He did his very best to make the billows smooth and bright -- and this was odd, because it was the middle of the night.
2. "They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care; They persued it with forks and hope; They threatened its life with a railway-share; They charmed it with smiles and soap."
3. "One winter night, at half-past nine, cold, tired, and cross, and muddy, I come home, too late to dine, and supper, with cigars and wine, Was waiting in the study."
4. "Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe."
5. "Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?"
6. "Speak roughly to your little boy, and beat him when he sneezes: He only does it to annoy, Because he knows it teases."
7. "I have a fairy by my side which says I must not sleep, when once in pain I loudly cried it said 'You must not weep.'"
8. "All in the golden afternoon full leisurely we glide; For both our oars, with little skill, by little arms plied, While little hands make vain pretence our wanderings to guide."
9. "How cheerfully he seems to grin, How neatly spreads his claws, And welcomes little fishes in with gently smiling jaws!"
10. "In winter, when the fields are white, I sing this song for your delight."
Source: Author Spikesgrl1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.