Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 'The Matrix' opens with a conversation, and a rather revealing one at that if one is paying attention. Which two characters have this introductory discussion?
2. After discovering that her phone line is tapped, Trinity is forced to escape from the truly wretched confines of the roach motel in which she is holed up. After contacting Morpheus, Trinity is instructed to reach a public phone on a street corner. The street corner is located at the intersection of which two streets?
3. The scene now shifts to a dark apartment. Neo, played by Keanu Reeves, is napping in front of his active computer. Suddenly, the computer screen goes blank, and three words appear...'Wake up Neo.' Promptly enough, Neo loses his slumber just in time to see another cryptic message on his monitor, 'The Matrix has you.' A third message soon appears, an allusion to which piece of classic literature?
4. A bit out of sorts, the groggy and disoriented Neo is next visited by an interesting rabble who apparently have some shady business dealings with our hero. In return for a wad of cash, Neo provides a mini-disc to his friend Choi. Neo has the disc stashed in a hollowed-out book called 'Simulacra and Simulation', a work by which French social theorist?
5. Neo, prompted by a tattoo he sees on the shoulder of Choi's lady friend, decides to join his visitors at a nearby nightclub. Here, he meets Trinity for the first time. While chatting with Trinity in the seedy nightclub, which performer's music plays in the background?
6. Habitually late for work, we find Neo being chewed out in the following scene by his condescending boss. At which faceless corporate entity does Neo work?
7. Neo's day at work only gets worse following his meeting with his boss; the agents are coming! Morpheus attempts to help Neo escape the agents by delivering a package containing which of these devices?
8. Following Neo's failed attempt to escape, Agent Smith and his associates are able to capture Neo and take him into custody. They attempt to make a deal with Neo, but he isn't having any of it. Neo demands a phone call; he 'knows his rights'. He also asserts that the agents can't scare him with their tactics, which he describes with which of the following adjectives?
9. The agents 'bug' Neo, but then release him, apparently believing that he will lead them to Morpheus. Morpheus contacts Neo and sends Trinity and some of his other acolytes to retrieve the poor, dazed fellow. In the car that has been dispatched to pick up Neo, along with Trinity, are Switch and Apoc. Juxtaposed against the nurturing and gentle Trinity, who coaxes Neo with her smooth talk, the impatient and somewhat belligerent Switch insists that Neo follow their directions without question. She refers to Neo by what cleverly derisive name?
10. Neo is now brought to an eerie, drab mansion, where he finally meets Morpheus face-to-face (well, sort of...remember, this is still the matrix!) Morpheus presents Neo with a choice, he can choose to walk away or he can choose to discover what the Matrix really is. As expected, Neo chooses the latter. While preparing to take this leap of faith, Neo meets Cypher for the first time. Cypher's first words to Neo are a reference to which classic American film?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.