Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Neo's shocking extraction from the Matrix is the early climax of the film, but it also marks a new beginning. Before any explanations can be provided, however, Neo requires physical therapy to restore his atrophied muscles to health. During his therapy, Morpheus makes reference to which body part(s) that Neo has never used before?
2. When Neo is ambulatory, Morpheus leads him on a small tour of his ship, a hovercraft that he uses to make his way around the 'real world'. Morpheus' ship is named for Nebuchadnezzer, a king of which ancient empire?
3. After the tour of the ship, Morpheus finally feels that the time has come to explain the nature of the Matrix to Neo. It is here that Neo learns of the conflict between the humans and the machines. He also discovers that human beings are being used as a power source for the machines. Morpheus mentions one other power source that the machines have learned to harness, what is this power source?
4. Following his shocking indoctrination regarding the Matrix, Neo immediately begins training in the martial arts. At this point he meets the 'operator', Tank, who introduces himself as a 'genuine child of Zion', the last Earth city. Who is the only other member of Morpheus' crew to have been born in Zion?
5. Speaking of 'Zion', the last human city, from which language is this name (Zion) ultimately derived?
6. During Neo's combat training Tank 'programs' him to learn a number of different forms of hand-to-hand combat. Which is the first program we see loaded?
7. After an exhilarating set of sparring matches that pit Neo against Morpheus, Tank is instructed to 'load the jump program'. Which, if any, of the crew members of the Nebuchadnezzer succeeded in their first attempt with the jump program?
8. While meeting the 'lady in the red dress' in yet another training program, Morpheus and Neo are interrupted by a call from Dozer. Sentinels have been sent by the machines to 'search and destroy' Morpheus' ship. What is Dozer's nickname for the sentinels?
9. Neo's next encounter aboard the Nebuchadnezzer is with Cypher, who is monitoring the Matrix using several computer screens. Cypher describes the Matrix to Neo, which appears to the layman as simply a bunch of streaming green symbols. Which of the following is not mentioned as part of what he 'sees' when peering at the monitors?
10. At the halfway point in the film we finally see the traitor (or 'informant', as the agents put it) among the crew revealed. Cypher has been offered a deal by Agent Smith in return for handing over Morpheus. During this scene we also discover Cypher's true last name, the same surname as which U.S. President?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.