Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How would you cope with a situation in which you were forced to relive the same day, over and over and over again? Bill Murray discovered the answer to this question, and much more, in which charming comedy of 1993?
2. 'A Nightmare Before Christmas' combines Halloween and Christmas into one exciting funfest that must be seen to be believed. From whose creative (and demented) mind did this wonderful little film emerge?
3. One of the great films of 1993, and for that matter of all time, was 'Schindler's List', the story of an entrepreneur in Nazi Germany who helps save the lives of over a thousand Jewish people. Who played the role of Oskar Schindler, in this brilliant masterpiece?
4. 'In the Name of the Father' was a powerful, character-driven story that featured brilliant performances from Emma Thompson, Pete Postlethwaite and Daniel Day-Lewis. What was the name of the young man played by Mr. Day-Lewis?
5. A surprising and unexpectedly tender story in the gangster genre, this film featured Robert De Niro as the father of a young man named Calogero. He was torn between his old man's desire for his son to grow up crime free and the influence of a local crime boss, Chazz Palminteri, who tempted the boy with the potential riches of his underground trade. What was the title of this interesting fable?
6. One of the most entertaining films of 1993 was 'True Romance', an action-drama featuring a fantastic ensemble cast. Though this popular director did not actually direct the film, he did write the story upon which the film was based. Who was the author of this fascinating story?
7. One of the most beautiful, and sensual, films of 1993 was 'The Piano', a lovely piece directed meticulously by Jane Campion. In which country did most of the action in this film take place?
8. A film from 1993 that perhaps did not quite receive the attention it deserved, was the fascinating 'Fearless', a story about some survivors of a devastating plane crash. Who directed this compelling movie?
9. In which film did Michael Douglas play a frustrated worker from the defence industry, who suddenly snapped, embarking on a sometimes violent quest across the crime-filled streets of the Los Angeles area, in order to see his daughter and estranged wife?
10. We end this quiz with a Merchant/Ivory production, namely 'The Remains of the Day', a delicately wrought drama about a butler and a housekeeper, who tend the home of a self-styled British diplomat during the years leading up to World War II. Who played Miss Kenton, the housekeeper?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.