Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Colder than the Grave" is a line in a classic '60s song "Bring 'em Down". This song was sung by a group which was instrumental in bringing British Folk Rock into the mainstream in the 1960s. Simon Nichol is the frontman. Can you name the group?
2. Sarah Brightman and Vince Gill both sang the same "Colder" song individually. What was the name of this song?
3. "Colder Than My Heart (If You Can Imagine)" is from a 2007 album "For Those Who Have Heart" by a Florida rock band with a sentence fragment for a name. What is this group called?
4. "Colder Than You" is an alt-country hit from an album called "Lik My Trakter" by a Canadian band with the same name as an Australian psychobilly band, a British punk band and a very popular American TV series in the '70s. What is the name of the band?
5. "Colder Than The Moon" is a line in a song "Cat People (Putting Out The Fire)", a minor hit (Though it went to number one in Sweden, Norway and New Zealand) from a 1983 album called "Let's Dance". Who sang this song?
6. "Love is Colder Than Death" needs no metaphor to get message across for The Virgins, an alternative rock band. Given that they have opened for Iggy Pop and The Stooges, Lou Reed, Sonic Youth, Patti Smith, where do you think this band is based?
7. "Cold as Snow" (1995) is not your typical catchy pop single from A-Ha, a Norwegian pop band most popular in the '80s and '90s. This song was an eight minute missive from the 1995 album "Memorial Beach". What is the number one smash that A-Ha are most famous for?
8. Taylor Swift released her eponymous album in 2006 when she was 16 years old. The best known tracks on this album are the singles "Tim McGraw" and "Teardrops on My Guitar". Which lesser-known but beautiful "cold" song is also featured on this album?
9. "Cold as Ice" (1977) was a huge hit for this mainstream rock act. It was the second single off their first album. What was the name of this album?
10. ...and to bow out: A mondegreen. What was the correct lyric to Elton John's "Sacrifice" (1989). The misheard lyric is "Purple hearts, Are done by you"?
Source: Author 1nn1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.