Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Easily the best known tribute by Elton was the beautiful "Candle in the Wind," remembering Marilyn Monroe. On which album was this song originally released?
2. Since Elton and Bernie re-wrote "Candle in the Wind" in 1997 as a tribute to Lady Diana it has become a standard at his concerts.
3. Which song was a major hit for Elton in remembrance of his good friend John Lennon?
4. Which song was a tribute to a former messenger for the group who was killed in a motorcycle accident?
5. "Cage the Songbird." This song from "Blue Moves" was a tribute to which famous French songstress?
6. 1997's "The Big Picture" was dedicated to which of Elton's friends who was murdered just months before the release?
7. This song from "The Captain and the Kid" refers once again to John Lennon and also to two others who Elton says "you don't need to know (their) name(s)."
8. Elton remembered Matthew Shepard, a University of Wyoming student who was murdered in part because he was gay, with which song?
9. The song "Ticking" is based on the true story of a troubled teenager who is killed after a hostage situation.
10. Elton's 1989 album "Sleeping with the Past" was intended as a tribute to:
Source: Author dbb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Dalgleish
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.