Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Frank was influenced by numerous avant-garde and contemporary composers. Which one of the following did he often refer to besides Edgard Varèse?
2. Who played violin on "Fifty-Fifty?"
3. Who sang uncredited background vocals on "Overnight Sensations?"
4. What was percussionist Ruth Underwood's maiden name?
5. What is the numerical title of the instrumental track that Frank co-wrote and performed with Indian violin legend, Shankar?
6. What was the title of the song that featured activities in a Jewish haberdashery?
7. What type of sandwich did Frank's family eat while he was growing up?
8. Who sang "Heavenly Bank Account" on "Zappa's Universe?"
9. Who is the Zappa family friend who narrated "Frank Zappa: American Composer" a radio documentary produced By Steve Rowland and Gail Zappa for NPR?
10. Who was "the Indian of the group?"
11. What was the name of the "hair" band who's lead guitar player was immortalized in "Punky's Whips?"
12. What was the name of the album that first featured people talking inside of a piano?
13. Who was Cal Schenkel?
14. "Jazz From Hell" was recorded primarily using what instrument(s)?
15. What is UMRK?
Source: Author JamesLake
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.