Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following Grateful Dead albums was not released during the 1980's?
2. After years playing in the same basic configuration, one night in 1982 Phil Lesh and Jerry Garcia swapped sides on stage. Where did this happen?
3. During the 1980's the Dead played in 37 States, the District of Columbia, and 9 foreign countries. California led the way, with 246 shows. Which state finished a distant second?
4. In July of 1986, Jerry Garcia fell into a diabetic coma, forcing the cancellation of 6 shows and the subsequent Fall tour. When the band returned to the stage in December of that year, what was the first song played?
5. In what year did the Grateful Dead begin the tradition of playing Chinese New Years shows?
6. During the band's Fall tour of Europe in 1981, Garcia and Weir dropped in and played an acoustic set at what famous club?
7. In early 1984, the Grateful Dead played the first of many benefit concerts for their own in-house charitable foundation. What is the name of that foundation?
8. Has the Grateful Dead ever played in Australia?
9. To provide a service to Deadheads, the Grateful Dead has their own mail-order ticket service. What year was Grateful Dead Ticket Sales founded?
10. Did Mickey Hart ever play guitar on stage with the Grateful Dead?
11. What was the first Grateful Dead video to appear on MTV?
12. Sober and recovering Deadheads formed a support group in 1984. They have meetings during set breaks at shows. What is this group called?
13. During the 1980's the Dead played 52 different songs during encores. Which song was featured the most often as an encore?
14. In the late 1980's the Dead played two "unannounced" shows in Hampton, Va. How was the band billed on the marquee outside the coliseum?
15. 'Saint Stephen' was the song that most Deadheads seemed to want to hear when I was going to shows. On Halloween of what year was the last 'Saint Stephen' actually played?
16. In 1987, Ben and Jerry's released a Dead-themed flavor of ice cream. What was it?
17. Which band did Bob Weir not play with during the 1980's?
18. What was the name of the radio show created and co-hosted by Phil Lesh? It premiered on KPFA in Berkeley in July of 1987.
19. The Dead were one of the few bands that allowed fans to tape their shows. In 1984 the band even set aside a section behind the soundboard exclusively for tapers and their equiptment. Where was the first show with a designated 'Tapers Section'?
20. Has the Grateful Dead ever played in Alaska?
Source: Author ashlybug
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.