Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Roxette's "One Wish" had no promotion, but became the first Roxette hit to reach Svensktoppen, the original Swedish-language countdown list.
2. This song was originally a Christmas-themed song in 1987, and it became better known three years later as part of the soundtrack to a popular love story.
3. This "Look Sharp!" song helped popularize Roxette's success, but during its recording it seemed to be a failure. It all started with an argument stemming from the uncertainty of both members' status as musicians.
4. This Roxette signature song was conceived as a "Big Bad Ballad" song.
5. When Roxette performed in China in 1995, they had a number of songs all ready for the gig -- but they were told that one song needed some lyrics changes before it could be performed. Guess the name of this song.
6. Name the only "Have a Nice Day" single that flopped in European countries (Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Switzerland), and especially in the United Kingdom.
7. This Roxette song was originally slated to be a single from the album "Have a Nice Day" but wound up as an outtake. It was also Roxette's choice as the first single from their next album, but their recording company disagreed with their choice.
8. This Roxette single was originally intended to be the centerpiece of Per Gessle's solo album, "The World According to Gessle".
9. This "Pearls of Passion" track, released by Roxette, was originally called "Svarta Glas" ("Black Glass").
10. "The Rox Medley", Roxette's "One Wish" B-side single, included music from six songs. It also reached the Singles Top 20 Countdown in which European country?
Source: Author miss_april
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.