Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This singer's real first name was Alvis and he was born in Sherman, Texas. Do you know who it was who had a hit in 1963 with the song "Act Naturally"?
2. Country and Western, Nashville Sound, Rockabilly, Jazz, Blues and Gospel singer Charlie Rich, had a hit with this song in 1971. Can you tell which song it is from these lyrics?
"My baby makes me smile
Lord, don't she make me smile
She's never far away
Or too tired to say: "I want you"
She's always a lady, just like a lady should be
But when they turn out the lights
She's still a baby to me."
3. This songstress was born in Mississippi and her real first name is Virginia. Do you know who this songstress is who is one of the genre's best known and biggest selling vocalists and had a hit with the song "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" in 1968?
4. I had to include "Flowers on the Wall" as it is one of my all-time favourite songs. Do you know which group had a hit with this song in 1966?
5. This singer/songwriter/musician was born in Alabama and was associated with the "Drifting Cowboys". Who was this artist who both wrote and recorded "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" in 1949?
6. Which songstress, whose real name is Clara Ann Fowler, had a hit in 1950 with the song "Tennessee Waltz"?
7. This songwriter/musician/singer/guitarist was born in California, and had a hit with the song "Okie from Muskogee" in 1969? Do you know who he is?
8. What song, both written and recorded by Roger Miller in 1965, has the following lyrics?
"I know every engineer on every train
All of their children, and all of their names
And every handout in every town
And every lock that ain't locked
When no one's around."
9. Which very popular songstress of her time, born in Winchester, Virginia, and known for her music in the genres of Nashville sound, country, rockabilly, pop, standard and swing, had a hit with the song "I Fall to Pieces" in 1961?
10. Which singer/songwriter/guitarist who had numerous songs on the US Billboard Country chart from 1961 to 1977, had a hit with "Wolverton Mountain" in 1962?
Source: Author wenray
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.