Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What philosopher used a monster from the Bible as a title for his most well-remembered work?
2. Who was the philosopher that is said to have died from 'catching a cold' whilst trying to prove that refrigeration could prevent food spoilage?
3. According to the reflections of this fellow, "the soul begins to have ideas when perception begins".
4. Which philosopher believed that no brutes (animals) could obtain the level of symbolic abstraction?
5. Who said that war was generally caused among men due to the fact that there was a confusion between God's and man's laws?
6. How did David Hume define the process of the inferential ratiocination, due to the contingent temporal location of objects within a person's field of vision?
7. We know that Thomas More wrote Utopia, but what was the book he wrote when imprisoned in the Tower of London in 1535?
8. Jeremy Bentham used the opportunity of his extreme anathema to publish critical attacks on a legendary jurist. Who was this conceptually estranged theorist that outraged Bentham?
9. We know of James Mill for his support of the philosophy of utilitarianism and his dispassionate positions on the rights of women. However, his masterpiece was entitled Analysis of the Phenomena of the Human Mind. Who was the physician that this work was based upon?
10. Which charming philosopher defined ambition as thus: "Ambition is like a choler; which is a humour that maketh men active, earnest, full of alacrity, and stirring, if it be not stopped"?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.