Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Florentine artist worked under the patronage of the powerful Medici family and their friends? Famous for mythological paintings, during the later years of his life he was influenced by teachings of Savonarola.
2. Which Italian artist of the Renaissance, a woman, was employed as the court painter by the king of Spain?
3. Born Jacopo Comin, this Renaissance artist was apprenticed to the great Titian for just ten days before he was sent home. Who was commissioned to paint in the Doge's Palace in Venice?
4. This Renaissance man could draw on his skills as an architect whenever necessary. Who designed the Laurentian Library for Pope Leo X?
5. Although he died at the young age of thirty-seven, which artist is considered to complete the triad of Renaissance masters? Name this man whose father was also an artist.
6. Giorgio Vasari, who wrote "Lives of the Most Excellent Painters, Sculptors, and Architects", called this artist the best painter of his generation. Which artist is said to have been one of the first to use linear perspective?
7. Considered to be one of the greatest artists of the Northern Renaissance, this prolific artist, the son of a well-known goldsmith, is considered to be one of the first landscape artists. Who is this German master?
8. Which Renaissance great was employed for a time by Cesare Borgia, the son of Pope Alexander VI, as his military engineer and architect? It appears that in correspondence, when offering his services as an engineer, he also mentioned that he could paint!
9. Known for his mastery of color, which artist, who enjoyed a very long life, spent his final years working as a court painter for King Philip II of Spain?
10. Which German artist, whose father was also a successful painter, designed stained glass windows and printed books? He is probably best known as the "King's Painter".
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.