Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Christian Bible, as we know it today, was written on three different continents. Can you name the three continents?
2. The Christian Bible, as we know it today, was originally written in three different languages. Can you name the three languages?
3. John Wycliffe is credited with making the first English translation of the Bible. In what year did this historic event take place?
4. As of October, 2017, how many different languages had the FULL Protestant Bible been translated into?
5. The first major book ever printed in Europe with a movable-type printing press was the Bible. The historic event took place almost forty years before Columbus, excluding the Vikings, became the first European to visit North America. In what year was the first Bible printed?
6. Some people have the mistaken belief the Bible was written by one man; however, nothing could be further from the truth. How many different authors' works are featured in the Protestant Bible we know today?
7. In addition to having a number of different authors, the Bible was written over a period of time that spans about 1,500 years.
8. At the start of the 21st century, what country was the world's largest supplier of Bibles?
9. A record price for the sale of a Bible was set in 1987 when a Japanese bookseller purchased a Gutenberg Bible. What was the price paid for the Bible? (All figures in U.S. dollars.)
10. More than two billion copies of the Bible have been distributed worldwide by Gideons International.
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.