Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. English translations of the Bible were in existence before the advent of the King James Bible. On which Bible is the King James version mostly based?
2. In what year was the King James version of the Bible first published?
3. How many scholars were involved with the work of translation for the King James Bible?
4. Which Greek texts were used for the New Testament translation of the King James Bible?
5. The epistle dedicatory of the King James version of the Bible praises the King's predecessor Queen Elizabeth. It refers to her as being what?
6. The idea for a new translation of the Bible was put to King James in 1604. What was the reason given for this?
7. We know it as the King James Version of the Bible, but when was it first referred to as such in print?
8. Let's consider archaic words. The word "asswaged" appears in the Kings James version of the Bible. What does "asswage" mean?
9. More archaic words and phrases in the King James Bible: in Paul's epistle to the Romans, he says that he "was let hitherto". What does he mean by this?
10. One more archaic word: in the King James Bible, the word potsherd is used to describe what?
Source: Author Hinds-feet
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.