Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1893, the Pitcher's Mound was moved to a distance of 60 feet 6 inches from home plate. What was the previous distance?
2. The strikeout record for one season after 1893 was set in 1973 by Nolan Ryan with 383, who was the pre-1893 record holder?
3. Base stealers were exciting in the 20th century, and they were in 19th century as well. Who held the 19th century record for stolen bases in a season?
4. When Babe Ruth set the home run record in 1919 with 29 as an outfielder and part-time pitcher for the Red Sox, whose record did he break?
5. Who was the first Major Leaguer to slam three home runs in one game?
6. Everyone knows Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball in 1947, but there were two black brothers who played in 1884. What was their last name?
7. Earlier in the 1990's, Greg Harris, a right hander, made sports news by pitching left handed in a game. Name the 19th century pitcher who did this consistantly.
8. In 1887, the legendary Mike 'King' Kelly, was sold to Boston for a record price of $10,000.
9. Name the pitcher who, in 1884, set a record for Wins in a season with 60.
10. Who was the first player who hit 2 home runs in one game?
Source: Author dodgerdawg
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.