Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is missing from the 1966 set that is included in most other sets in the decade?
2. Team cards were a prominent feature in the 1960s card sets. From 1965 to 1969, which team did not have a team card included in the sets?
3. For two years, team cards also stated where the team finished in the standings the prior season in addition to the team name. In which years' sets was this included?
4. In the 1966, '68, and '69 sets, the same color combination was repeated in the card design for each team, and each team in the American and National league shared a color combination for these 3 years. For example, the Dodgers and Yankees had yellow letters on a red background for either the team name, player name, or both. What two teams had white letters on a blue background?
5. Which set had the team name and logo in a flag or pennant shaped field in one of the lower corners?
6. Combination cards (cards featuring two or more players) were a popular feature in some sets in the 1960s. In the 1966 set, the Pirates had a card called "Buc Belters." What two players were pictured on this card?
7. A Braves combination card in 1967 titled "Atlanta Aces" featured what two players?
8. In the 1966 set, a Dodgers Rookie Stars card featured two pitchers who would each eventually become 20 game winners. Who?
9. One of the most valuable cards from the decade is the 1968 Mets Rookie Stars card featuring Nolan Ryan. Who else is pictured on that card with Ryan?
10. Which set had the players photos on a "wood" background?
Source: Author angels2002
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.