Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the game format for World Series play?
2. Which Atlanta Braves slugger jogged around the base paths on April 8, 1974, breaking Babe Ruth's career record with his 715th home run?
3. Which team won their 27th World Series in 2009?
4. Hall of Fame player Ty Cobb had which nickname?
5. In 2010, the Washington Nationals brought up a pitcher from their Minor League team to debut on June 8. He defeated the Pittsburgh Pirates with 14 strikeouts in his debut. Who was this pitcher?
6. This Hall of Fame pitcher played for 27 seasons and retired with a record 5714 career strikeouts, a record likely never to be duplicated. Who was this that wore the number 34 and retired in 1993?
7. The National League combined with the new American League, creating Major League Baseball as we know it today. Which year did this take place?
8. Which Boston Red Sox outfielder was the first player in Boston to bat for the Triple Crown Award?
9. The immortal Babe Ruth played for three teams in his Major League Baseball career. They were the Boston Braves, the New York Yankees, and which other team that he began his career with?
10. This Hall of Fame great was the first-ever Yankee to have his baseball number retired. It was the number 4. Who is he?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.