Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the first player given credit for inventing the batting helmets and shin guards for a catcher, who also wore them as a player in 1907?
2. 1918 saw which player in Major League baseball history to be the first killed in a war?
3. The New York Giants did something in 1929 for the first time in Major League history. What was this feat?
4. In the 1930s, the New York Yankees won four consecutive World Series in the decade, and five overall. Their four consecutive series were after the Babe Ruth era from 1936-1939. Which National League team did they defeat twice in those four series wins?
5. In 1947, who was the first player in history to have his hometown name on the back of his jersey?
6. In the 1950s, the New York Yankees appeared in an amazing eight World Series while winning six. Only the Dodgers and Giants were able to stop them in a series venue in the decade. How many times did the Yankees win 100 or more games in the 1950s in a regular season?
7. In the 1960s, the Yankee fans saw something for the first time since the New York club took on the name of Yankees. What was it?
8. In the later 1970s, which player died who was the very last surviving member of the original American League from 1901?
9. In the 1980s, and as strange as it may sound, this player was the first in history to get a hit for one team, be traded, then get another hit for a different team in a different city in the same day. Who was he?
10. 1996 saw a first for Major League baseball. It was the first time that two Major League teams played outside the United States or Canada. This game played in Mexico, was played by which two teams?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.