Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Boy Scout movement was founded in 1907, by Lord Baden-Powell. The first encampment was at Brownsea, in England. Where was the first recognised overseas unit established?
2. Mark Twain may have considered golf a good walk ruined, but there are over 32,000 golf clubs around the world. Everybody knows that the oldest club is at St Andrews, in Scotland, but where is the highest golf club in the world?
3. If you collect something, there is almost certain to be an association or society of like-minded enthusiasts that you can join. Which of the following is not an actual collectors club?
4. If you really, really, admire the body of work of a famous performer, you may have considered joining, or even starting, a fan club. What are members of the most well-known fan club for glam rock band KISS known as?
5. Even cartoon characters like to join clubs! To which association do Fred Flintstone and his little buddy Barney Rubble belong?
6. Five pre-teen girls started a club in a popular series of books written by Ann M. Martin. What was this club (and the book series) called?
7. The Diablo Sun Devils is a club located in San Francisco. To which interest group do the "Devils" cater?
8. In several of the Sherlock Holmes stories, Holmes' brother, Mycroft, is referred to, along with the singular Diogenes Club, of which Mycroft was a member. What was so unusual about this club?
9. According to legend, Freemasonry can trace its history back to biblical times. Who, of the following, has never been a Freemason?
10. If you reside in California and you have an interest in wine, which of the following clubs would you be able to join?
Source: Author amazoncowgirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.