Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Ghanaian politician seized power in a bloodless coup in 1979?
2. Whom did Jerry Rawlings depose in 1980?
3. Sgt Samuel Doe led a military coup in which country?
4. Who led a military coup in South Korea in 1961?
5. Whom did Col Mohamed Khouna Ould Haidalla depose in a military coup in Mauritania?
6. This person was installed as the Portuguese president in a popular military coup in 1926. Who is being talked about?
7. Who ousted Gen Gustavo Alvarez in a coup in Honduras?
8. In 1926 who led a military coup in Poland?
9. Prior to Gen Pervez Musharraf's coup in 1999 there was another coup in Pakistan in 1977 which saw the overthrow of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. Who led this coup?
10. In Oman Sultan Said bin Taimur was replaced in a bloodless coup by his son _______________.
11. In Qatar in 1972 who replaced Emir Sheik Ahmad in a coup?
12. Which military leader of Paraguay seized power in a coup in 1954?
13. Who was the first person to lead a coup in Fiji?
14. Who was the last person to seize power in a coup in Argentina?
15. In Guatemala, till date, four successful coups have been staged. They were led by i)Mejia Victores, ii)Enrique Peralta, iii) Carlos Castillo Armas and iv)Rios Montt. These options are arranged in an illogical sequence. Which of the following is arranged in logical sequence?
16. Which of the following Soviet politician was sacked from the post of foreign minister in connection with the anti-Gorbachev coup attempt?
17. Who assumed power in a left-wing army coup in Myanmar in 1962?
18. Which French general, suspected of aspiring to dictatorship by a coup d'etat, committed suicide on the grave of his mistress?
19. Which Chilean military ruler ousted and killed President Salvador Allende in a coup?
20. In 1279, Baraka, the Sultan of Egypt and Syria was replaced in a coup led by __________.
21. This Roman politician's conspiracy to obtain power by a coup d'etat was exposed by Cicero in 63 BC, who was killed in battle the following year. Who is being talked about?
22. Which Austrian chancellor was murdered in attempted Nazi coup?
23. Whom did Idi Amin overthrow in a military coup in Uganda in 1971?
24. Which military ruler of Peru ousted Juan Velasco Alvarado in a bloodless coup in 1975?
25. The term 'coup d'etat' is derived from French which literally means ________.
Source: Author swashbuckler
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.