Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first photo shows Corporal Slag standing outside a large structure in the city of Delhi that had been built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century. The Indian prime minister also hoists the national flag in this complex every year on Independence Day. Known in Hindi as the 'Lal Qila', what is the English translation and also its better known name?
2. A quick detour along the Golden Triangle brings Corporal Slag to Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan. His postcard from the city shows him standing in front of one of Jaipur's famous attractions, the Hawa Mahal. What is the literal translation of Hawa Mahal?
3. The next stop on Slag's itinerary is Jaisalmer, famous for sand dunes and desert safaris as it is located in the middle of the Thar desert. What is the Hindi word for desert?
4. Heading further north, Slag reaches the northernmost Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir. Enjoying a pleasant stay in a houseboat on the Dal Lake, which pretty flower known as 'kamal' in Hindi did he take pictures of? It is also the national flower of India.
5. After a round of skiing in the town of Gulmarg, Slag takes a picture of himself posing with 'baraf' in his hands. What is the Corporal holding?
6. Slag has reached the north eastern state of Assam. After an exciting stay at the Kaziranga National Park where he managed to sight a rhinoceros, Slag is taking time off to just chill. His latest postcard shows him posing among rows of small bushes sipping on a warm cup of 'chai'. Which hot beverage, popular in various forms on the subcontinent, is called 'chai' in Hindi?
7. Corporal Slag finds himself in Orissa, an eastern state known as the 'Land of Temples'. What is the Hindi word for temple?
8. Slag's next visit is to the Gir Forest National Park, the only natural habitat for the Asiatic lions in India. What is the Hindi word for the regal animal seen in the background of Slag's postcard picture?
9. After all the hectic sightseeing, the Corporal is happy to relax on the beaches of Goa. On the back of a photo showing him unwinding on a hammock, Slag mentions a tropical drink called 'nariyal paani' that he has tasted for the first time. What refreshing drink is he referring to?
10. Slag's final port of call is the city of Mumbai, home to Bollywood and also the country's financial capital. The postcard shows Slag posing in front of the Gateway of India with the Arabian Sea in the background. What is the Hindi word for sea?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.