Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The diminutive merlin belongs to which family of raptors?
2. Ospreys feed mostly on small birds and mammals.
3. Buteo buteo is the Latin name for which bird of prey?
4. If you were fortunate you might catch sight of the rare hen harrier. If you were extremely fortunate you might observe their courtship display. Which of these activities might you be watching?
5. Three of these names are fictitious but which one is the real name of a British raptor?
6. The table football game "Subbuteo" is named after a bird of prey.
7. Windhover is a nickname of which British raptor?
8. By the mid-twentieth century, red kites were almost extinct in the UK. Which country provided their last refuge at this time?
9. Which of these raptor species breeds in Britain?
10. The golden eagle is the only eagle species nesting in Britain.
Source: Author Mutchisman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.