Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is one purpose of a metal curry comb?
2. What would it mean to ride "shoulder in"
3. True or false, an old fashioned method for curing a rearer was to break a bottle over its head when it reared?
4. What is meant by flagging?
5. What is a wisp used for?
6. How many brushes, not counting the curry comb, are there in a standard grooming kit?
7. If a horse is said to bolt, what would it be doing?
8. What is Azoturia?
9. What does it mean to ride on a loose rein?
10. What is a ewe neck?
11. What is the purpose of a breast plate?
12. What does it mean if a horse is said to nap?
13. Why should you not give a horse grass cuttings from your lawn that may have begun to compost?
14. Why shouldn't a horse be kept on rich grass during the spring?
15. What is a Dutch Slip?
16. What is meant by "horse sick"?
17. What is sweet itch caused by?
18. How many fingers width should you be able to fit under a horse's cavesson noseband when he is tacked up for hacking?
19. Thatching is putting straw under your horse's rug or blanket. When would you do this?
20. What should be done with ragwort when it has been pulled up from the horse's field?
21. What is a snip?
22. Which is not a type of martingale?
23. If your horse kicks, how would you warn others of this fact?
24. What is the space between a horse's ears called?
25. What is a horse standard?
Source: Author spookykidwraith
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.